CDC Ventilation Standards
Stay Compliant in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Beyond with RPF Environmental, Inc.
Your indoor air quality is important, especially in the age of COVID-19. As such, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) have issued guidance for ventilation in buildings.
Adhering to these guidelines can help you reduce exposures to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and keep your employees, clients, and customers safe. RPF Environmental, Inc. can help you test your air quality, provide COVID-19 environmental services, and recommend ventilation solutions.
We have been handling projects like yours for more than 30 years. Call us at (888) 293-0619 to get started today.
Why Is Building Ventilation Important?
Building ventilation is the circulation of air throughout a building. Well-circulated air does not allow pollutants (or viruses) to concentrate and maintains a comfortable temperature and humidity. Businesses circulate air via ventilation systems, which can be as simple as open windows or complex as multi-pronged heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems with filters, ducts, and climate control. Most businesses rely on HVAC systems to deliver an adequate supply of outdoor air and filter outside contaminants.
Unfortunately, ill-maintained HVAC systems can play a role in infectious disease transmission, mold and bacterial growth, and other hazards. Therefore, it is important to have a third party test your building ventilation system and air quality regularly.
To improve the ventilation in your building, you can open windows and doors as weather conditions permit, but please be mindful of outdoor contamination, especially in areas with high pollution.
You can also:
- Open outdoor air dampers to reduce or eliminate HVAC air recirculation (you may need to speak to an HVAC professional)
- Disable demand-controlled ventilation (DVC)
- Rebalance or adjust HVAC systems to increase total airflow to occupied spaces
- Use fans in open windows to exhaust room air to the outdoors and draw outdoor air into the room
- Make sure your ventilation systems are working properly
- Maintain acceptable indoor air quality
- Increase and improve central air filtration (use the MERV-13 or another high-rated filter)
- Inspect and maintain exhaust fans and ventilation systems (in bathrooms, kitchens, cooking areas, etc.)
- Install portable high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) fans and filtration systems in high-traffic areas
- Keep central ventilation systems and ducts systems clean (consider using ultraviolet germicidal irradiation or UVGI)
- Run your HVAC systems for 2 hours before and 2 hours after your building is occupied or keep systems running 24/7 to enhance their effectiveness
Combined with other safety precautions, adhering to CDC ventilation guidelines can help you reduce the spread of COVID-19 in your building.
Our team at RPF Environmental, Inc. can test your ventilation and indoor air quality and suggest improvements. Schedule a consultation today.
- Silica Exposure Monitoring
- Legionella Assessments
- CDC Ventilation Standards
- EPA Compliance
- Environmental Health & Safety Training
- Asbestos, Lead & Hazardous Materials
- Indoor Air Quality
- Mold Inspection
- Industrial Hygiene & Safety
- COVID Environmental Services
- Training Schedules
- OSHA Compliance
- Water Testing
- Machine Guarding
“We have worked with RPF Environmental for several years now. They are a great company to work with, very knowledgeable, helpful, professional and friendly.”- Heather Nichols – Kahr Arms
“RPF is a great company to work with, highly knowledgeable, great to work with and accommodating.”- Jennifer Gilbert- St. Charles School
“They are a great company and have provided prompt and professional services.”- Bill Botting- SAU 60; Fall Mountain School District
Visit Our Video Center
Learn more by watching our informative videos and see how RPF Environmental can help you and your business.Watch Now
Check out our helpful blog posts for industry news, tips, and updates from RPF!View All Posts
Markets & Industries
Learn more about the markets and industries we service, then book your consultation today!Learn More
RPF Environmental, Inc. has handled 10,000 projects across 10 states, helping business owners save money and create healthier environments. We believe that there is a unique, best-fit solution for every project we handle, and we have the experience needed to find it. In addition to providing 30+ years of experience, we employ and partner with certified industry leaders to not only identify problems but also provide solutions.
At every step along the way, you are our priority, and we are focused on delivering excellent customer service.
For a creative, cost-effective, and CDC-compliant solution to building ventilation across the country, look no further than RPF Environmental, Inc.
Call us at (888) 293-0619 or send us a message online for a consultation.