For most people, the quality of the air that they breathe is the last thing on their mind. Sickness is contributed to unhealthy surfaces and the general garden variety of viruses and bacteria that is passed from person to person. However, indoor air quality may have more to do with health than people would like to believe. In fact, indoor air pollutants are generally two to five times greater than outdoor air pollutants.
RPF Environmental Testing & Consulting Services is committed to spreading awareness about the dangers of indoor air pollution and providing solutions to the pollution problem. We provide air quality testing, mold investigation, ultrafine particles measurements, and more services that can help assess the needs of your residential or commercial space, and improve your indoor air quality.
Achieving Good Indoor Air Quality
Good indoor air quality is measured by testing the air for possible and likely pollutants. The fewer pollutants found, the better your air quality. Unfortunately, this is often a difficult thing to achieve. Certain questions may help you narrow down how good (or bad) the air quality is inside your home or office.
- Do people smoke inside?
- Can you see mold or smell mildew?
- Do your humidity levels regularly reach over 50%?
- Does your home have any leaks or standing water?
- Are fuel-burning appliances fully vented to the outdoors?
- Do you regularly cover and remove kitchen and food garbage?
- Have you had your home tested for radon?
- Do you regularly use pesticides?
- Are paints or other chemicals stored inside?
Many of these variables are in place in thousands of homes. For a professional estimate and expert advice on how to address the problem, call RPF Environmental. In the meantime, check out a few tips to get you started on a path to a healthier, better indoor experience.
- Never allow smoking indoors
- Fix all home or office leaks
- Use a dehumidifier or AC
- Clean your HVAC system ventilation
- Properly take care of food and trash
- Avoid burning wood or candles
- Avoid chemical fragrances
- Use natural cleaning products
By making these adjustments, your indoor air quality may drastically progress. The health of you and those around you can be positively impacted by increased air quality, making it an essential investment.
Call Our Boston Indoor Air Quality Experts Today!
In many cases, indoor air quality is difficult to determine or improve without proper measurement and solutions. RPF Environmental Testing & Consulting Services is dedicated to providing customers with cost-efficient and innovative solutions to improve indoor air quality in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine. Their team includes industry-leading hygienists, safety professionals, field inspectors, geologists, engineers, and certified infrared thermographers. Customers can be confident that RPF Environmental can help solve any indoor air quality problems.